George M. Sinfield
681 Union St. Apt. F Brooklyn, NY 11215
Performance-driven professional skilled in editing television and film titles using Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro, with work seen on The History Channel, Bravo TV, MTV, Nat Geo TV, The Travel Channel and others. Proficient in Photoshop. Knowledgeable in sound design, storyboarding, and compositing.
FREELANCE EDITOR, New York, NY
2007 - Present
Edit a wide variety of popular reality series for industry-leading networks and production companies, from rough cuts to picture lock. I also edit feature-length documentaries, short documentaries, and narrative shorts. Projects include:
• Pawn Stars (Item History) - The History Channel
• Blood, Sweat and Heels (Docu-Soap) - Bravo TV
• America's Most Badass (Archival History) - American Heroes Channel
• Rock This Boat (Celebrity Dramedy) - Pop TV
• American Restoration (Item History/Restoration) - The History Channel
• Moving In (Dating) - MTV
• Truck Stop Missouri / USA (Travel/Comedy) - The Travel Channel
• Bid & Destroy (Demolition) - Nat Geo TV
• Chasing Tail (Hunting/Comedy) - The History Channel
• Hillbillies for Hire (Comedy) - CMT
• Tobacco Wars (Comedy) - CMT
• The Callers - Feature length documentary
• Li Wei: Weightless - Documentary short
NINTENDO OF AMERICA, Redmond, WA
Managed upward of four monthly sections of Nintendo Power. Researched and drafted articles and assigned articles to additional writers. Wrote feature articles on individual games and gaming trends. Cultivated relationships with other game publishers to obtain information regarding upcoming titles. Created player’s guides, catalogs, and “Take One” brochures for retail. Promoted from Staff Writer-Editor.
• Developed strategies for reaching out to new demographic groups for the launch of the ground-breaking Wii console and DS handheld.
• Consistently exceeded deadlines on a monthly basis, and took on additional work in support of other writers. Assumed a leadership role in selling article concepts to the editor-in-chief and art director.
Previous positions with Zipper Interactive, Boss Games and Squaresoft as a Senior Game Producer from 1994-2000
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Arts in English Composition
• New York University SCPS Certificate Program – Digital special effects with an emphasis on After Effects.
• Manhattan Edit Workshop – Six-week intensive course in Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, and film.